Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Fear Factor vs. Faith Factor

Whew!

It has been a year since the last time I peeked on my blog. Some of you might have been wondering where have I gone.

Well the answer seems pretty obvious, I've been around looking for picture perfect moments for this post. Hmmmm...have I just given you an acceptable alibi? Okay, it will probably take another year to explain where and what I have gone through, but to make it short...I've been "busy". Believe me, it's harder for me to explain than understanding it.

So for the sake of this blog, I'll refresh you with memories that had happened during our Y.A.M.A.N. camp. As I have been stressing on the pre-blogs, it was remarkably different.

Fear Factor vs. Faith Factor

I could not remember the exact date but it was one of May's Friday night. I remember bringing my stuffs (backpack) at work, had a busy day and feel relieved to know that I'll then again be traveling to another place where I haven't been to.

The group met up at Folk Arts Theater. The "Bulwagan ng Panginoon", the same place where Day By Day Community praise and worship.

When I arrived, the group was already there. All things were packed and ready. The anticipation even grew when I've seen new faces joining the camp. The thought of new people, going to a new place to praise and worship GOD had boosted up my energy to participate in this camp even more. Y.A.M.A.N. will be accommodating a bigger family after this event. And after a year of reminiscing, yes I was right, it did.

Many people had physically left Y.A.M.A.N., (ok so I myself included), but not the hearts. And this camp had brought people together - again. And the best thing about this camp?! - it has brought us to another level of relationship - a much more deeper friendship, closer to GOD.

From Folk Arts Theater, riding in a van, we travelled for almost more than two hours to reach Tagaytay (camping area). As I remember it, 2 vans (including ours), even got lost finding the place. We've gone far enough to know that we were in another province (Batangas). Funny as it was but the thrill of adventure has just started.

The pictures will tell it all.

Because we have lost our way, we arrived late in the camping site. The area was really not a scout-campsite, as I always thought it was.

That thinking of scout-camping was introduced to me when I attended one of the YFC (Bacolod Area) Camping Event held at the lower part of Mt. Kanlaon. Scout-camping was a total adventure, exciting and fun, though I wasn't really prepared for such an event - indeed, I wasn't scoutboy that time. Since then I think that camping was always like that, thus I make myself ready all the time - I have been a boyscout since.

In this camp, we didn't have to build tents or make fire to cook food. We stayed in a building (our camping site).

The building is sort of a 2 story coliseum, just a smaller one. A large door meets you at the entrance. Blocked by a huge bulletin board,
a large meeting hall occupies the center for all events. Corridors and rooms occupy both the left and right upper and lower wing of the building. It was a very good venue for another spiritual camp. A totally different one, indeed.

The entire picture of the building, from the outside, looks like a church. Aside from it's architectural design, it's on pure white.

Shortly after we arrived, house rules were given. then we were gathered in groups (depending on our assigned room), and have been provided instructions on what to do next. I just can't remember really what the instructions were, except that I have fallen into a deep sleep - that I'm sure.

Then breakfast came.

We didn't have to cook - the best part of the camp. The cafeteria is located on the left side of the main building.

There were eight long tables to be shared by the campers. We ate on the same time together, but on our table we ate by groups. Male on the right and ladies on the left row of tables.

Foods were great, pinoy-style cooked meals were served - making you feel at home. Servings were simple, yet it was a sumptous feast. To make it even more at home, Bro Val preferred a hot cup of taho instead, though I remembered I grabbed a cup of tahoo too. Perfect breakfast.

Several pastors have joined us in our camp. They've shared their wisdom on topics concerning fear and faith, young and old, life and death. Indeed, through them, GOD had manifested in our camp. It was a remarkably different one - and I was grateful to be part of it.

Pastor Ed shared more on Life - Fear and having Faith. The choices that each one of us will make and the faith that holds us to GOD to make the appropriate choices in life.

Pastor Gammy testified GOD's works in his life's journey as a pastor and a father. How he struggled through difficult times and situations. How GOD manifested His compassion in his life. How GOD comforted him amidst the pain and prejudices. How wonderful GOD at all times - and I believe GOD is good all the time!

Just like most of us, I too have felt the same pain, and as a person who have heard the same cry - I definitely undertand. I have to mention that I was one who's tears flowed upon hearing Pastor Gammy's testimony. There was a warm feeling after that, comforting in a way that I could never understand. For me it was GOD manifesting His presence among us - even closer.

This was only the first day, yet we have two more fun days that I'll share...until then...

1 comments:

Akso Rojas said...

sounds cool, fear factor vs faith factor.