Friday, January 8, 2010

Camp's Last Fun Day

On the 3rd day of the our camp, we spent the rest of the day exploring places in Tagaytay.

Our first stop, People's Park in the Sky.

The design was a blend of natural and man-made attraction. This tourist spot perching at the highest point of Tagaytay was our first destination for our tour. Overlooking Taal Lake, Laguna de Bai and Tagaytay Highlands.

There, we've taken thousands of pictures. Photos that after a year, has reminded me how wonderful and glorious GOD had been, creating all the beauty that surrounds us. Making Philippines one of the nicest place to visit and explore. I agree 100%.

I used to think that Philippines has really nothing much to offer to the world. Talking about the economy's stability and government's morality (corruption and killings). However I then came to realize that the more I dig into the negativity of it, the more I drawn myself into it - the more I struggle to survive, the more I blame the government for the increase number of poor people, the lesser the hope for our country to prove itself to the world that it will improve, then I wasn't proud.

But I was wrong! There's always hope for eveything...for there is GOD.

Poised at the very top of the building, looking down over the wonder that GOD had created, I believe that our country has still so much to offer. I believed that change must neither be imposed nor demanded from the government, for it must start from each citizen's attitude towards life. If only and if only we (all - including government officials), as citizens of the Philippines, believe that we can make a difference and a change, be united and act on that belief, then the change will eventually materialize. Making the Philippines a brighter country to live in.

After we enjoyed a couple of hours orbiting the place. We then moved to our next stop, the Picnic Grove.

The place has improved since the last time I went to visit it. There were additional rides and lots of souvenir items were in store. As I remember it, though it has been more than three years since the last time I enjoyed the place, the overall feeling of looking over the majestic Taal Volcano was enough. But when I recently saw it, the potential for it to be a busiest touriest spot is still sprouting.

Just like the People Palace in the Sky, this spot is located on a lower hill, but still overlooking the beautifully crafted Taal Volcano, surrounded by the lake.

Picnic Grove offers several aminities, such as horseback riding, unique kites for rentals, roller blades, and new attractions like Zipline and Cable Car.

We definitely took several pictures of the place, but I'm afraid I haven't found any pictures of my Bro and Sis doing the Zipline thing. Though I remember Sis Jan and Sis Janice enjoyed the ride. Tight as my budget was, I preferred not to.

The place and the company of friends are definitely more than to be enjoyed. And I hold on to it as it's what's more important.

At the end of the day, everyone was exhausted and tired, yet eager to climb and to drift.

Upon the last moment of our camp, there were a whole of reminiscing and realization. And the sense of actualization on what lies ahead.

We were about to be snapped back to reality - we were going home. The three day camp was exceptional. And as I said it was different.

Maybe I haven't mentioned or posted a topic about praising and worshiping within the main hall of the camp, yet the entire trip itself was a praise and worship offered to GOD.


Looking back upon these memories, I thank GOD for all the goodness and greatness, triumphs and victories, mercy and compassion that HE had made possible for us.

I still urge each and everyone to strive to live life to the fullest. No matter what age, gender, or race.

As our time is short here on earth -
Time is short for us not to enjoy the beauty of our nation.
Time is short for us not to use our talents.
Time is short for us not to thank our family, relative and friends for the company, comfort and fun.
Time is short for us not to reminisce the happy times.
Time is short for us not to surpass the trials and overcome fear.
Time is short for us not to forgive and forget.
Time is short for us not to love.
Time is short us not to pray.
And time is so short for us not to praise and worship GOD here in earth.

Therefore, let us make that short time worthwhile - and be overwhelmed for a greater glory in heaven...where short time is no longer present - simply be prepared to embrace eternity.


I offer this blog to GOD, to my family, to Y.A.M.A.N and to all my friends who have walked with me through my journey called life.

Until then...

0 comments: