Monday, March 22, 2010

It was the 11th of March.

Last night's dream wasn't as vivid as I have had once but it was somehow clear.

I arrived at an island, with a tiny old house that seemed isolated. The house, as I recall it, appeared as a single story building, with Capiz-tiled windows. It seemed almost like a typical Spanish-era house. Definitely made of wood.

I then realized that I was with a group of people. Seemed like a tour.

We moved around the house, when I recognized that the walls are full of paintings, different masterpieces all inside this small house.

Masterpieces that ranged from portraits, landscapes to panoramas.

The feeling was odd as these masterpieces were I hardly ever seen. Pictures of faces yet unknown to me. Landscapes taken ashore, some on top of a hill, forests and few with rivers and streams. Being a lover of art, I confessed, I was totally amazed by what I saw.

Though the amazement has filled me up, yet there was an awkward feeling of uneasiness. When the level of anxiety increased, I decided to get out of the house and breathed some air.

I walked to the back of the house, trying to familiarize myself as to whom it belongs, yet I could hardly recognized any of my relatives had ever lived in such a lonely place.

Few meters from the house ran the shoreline. Raging waves came crushing the shore and on boulders. Winds hushed roughly as if a storm is about to hit the island.

An old house will not stand a heavy storm I guessed, then I tried looking for some options where I would consider a safer place to be.

A stall stands not far from the back of house. Then I found myself walking towards it.

As I looked back, an open window of the old shanty made me see pictures hanging on the walls. I decided to ignore it.

Walking near to the stall I've seen few men, wearing hard hats and orange overalls, eating "lugaw".

This served as their dining area after a hard days in construction. Though I hardly seen any buildings being built around the area.

I asked for direction from a lady serving "lugaw" to these men.

And she pointed eastward.

As I walked towards the direction, I realized that this stall, which I have seen at a distance, was as fine dining resto, resting at the edge of the island.

The weather has changed. Then I recognized ferries sailing at the back of this resto, just like the ferry boats of Pasig river.

Once what I known to be an island settling at no where, was now an island right at the center of Pasig River.

Across the river were factories that are familiar to me. The infrastructures that I've been seeing everyday when I go to work are the same buildings that I've found in my dreams.

I felt peace when I saw familiar places.

As I walked toward the direction that I have been directed. I found myself standing at the middle of a crowded sidewalk just right below a light railway train station.

A small "sari-sari" store was on my right. As I was looking at the local phone machine, I was offered something to eat.

Then I woke up.

My dreams are getting clearer nowadays, and until now I'm in awe as to what could be the heavens trying to tell me.

Things that has happened may have lingered in my thoughts and unconsciously, these experiences could have affected my rest. But what about those unfamiliar places, things, faces and events? Could they be telling me something.

One thing's for sure, I may not know what lies ahead, but my GOD knows. Therefore I could and would and should not hold on to my dreams for things to come, but to GOD who knows me, my past, present and future.

Hold on to GOD my friends, and put your faith, no matter how small it could be, to HIM and HIM alone!

Be blessed!

0 comments: