Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Fear Factor

It was totally a different one. The feeling has just not faded yet, and I hope it will stay for good.

That's what pops out of my mind whenever I think of the camp that I've recently joined in. Out of the stressful work and busy life in Manila, I was so grateful that I was able to make an escape and be revitalized again.

It wasn't so sudden, but the days had made it quick. About a month or two ago, my close friend and brother in church, Bren, informed me that there's an upcoming Y.A.M.A.N Camp sometime in May. I wasn't so sure about it yet, as I have already made my plans to visit my cousin in Cebu around May 14 - 25, to celebrate her 28th birthday. In short, Bren's message had slowly faded.

My excitement grows as days passed by. Seeing my cousin and again be able to step in the Queen Island of the South had been my inspiration in waking up each day, full of energy, knowing that there's something ahead waiting for me.

However, things have changed. On the last week of April, my cousin advised me that she has enrolled in an IT Course in which she has to give her full time and attention. Ouch! I thought, my plans are ruined. But then, it was my cousin's choice and I always respect her decisions in life, therefore I thought I could still go to Cebu and just be there myself. Lonesome as I think of it so I have to think of other plans. I have plans visiting my online-game friends in Bacolod, but it wasn't what my heart dictated. A thought of visiting my grandmother and relatives on the northern part of Negros even came across my mind, but my heart did not find peace on that thought.

I was then full of dismay, thinking that the first week of May had passed by, and nothing have I done and accomplished but all stress from work. I cried a lot. Life seemed full of fear, so meaningless now. Without me knowing it...my God heard all my cries.

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. – Matthew 11:28-30

Suddenly, HIS message, in a form of text, made it clearer. I was then again introduced to join the camp.

Could this be possible? I asked. In times when you think you have "good things" under control, GOD simply takes it away and replaced it with "best things" you can never imagine. Indeed, in GOD, nothing is impossible - I agree 100%!

0 comments: