Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Just Remembered

February 14, 2009

Heart's day as they call it, but it's more than heart's day for me. It was a day full of love and unity, bond and trust unite.


I woke up early and was excited to celebrate the day with my family and closest friends. Since I am single and is still "looking", I tried to spend the day fruitful, in thoughts and in my heart.


I decided to spend it with my close friend and buddy in Church, as I believed it would be a nice day to talk about things in life, lessons that my workplace had never provided.


It was a long talk with movie watch in between. The movie didn't seem to have so much impact on me, but what made that day meaningful and fun was when I took the ferry ride back home.



Just as my friend dropped me off the port, so has the ferry arrived. I departed alone with other people. I realized I was the only person who rode the ferry without any companion. Most are teenage couples, holding hands, smiling at each other. Some are old couples, still holding hands, and talking with so much endearment. The rest are middle age couples with kids clinging on their arms happily boarding the ferry. Am I alone?

Lonesome as it may seemed, but I kept my eyes wide open and be busied on sceneries alongside the river. As the ferry drifted along, I was caught by the video that has been viewed for a couple of minutes just right after all passengers have boarded.


And to my surprise, it was my favorite band playing "Air Supply".


My priorities shifted, from the outside scenes to the big screen in front of me.


Air Supply's live band performance on a recorded video disc, playing right in front of me. I never got to see to one, but I always hear them sing every Sunday morning when my uncle turns his "component" on.


It was somewhere in the middle of their performance when I realized that I started to sing along with the band. And to my surprise, it wasn't only me who was singing, but the lady beside me as well, while her boyfriend, I assumed, leaning on her shoulders. Gosh! Sweet isn't it?.


The song was "All Out of Love". I guess you heard it, and most probably have sung the song many times as I did.


The song echoed inside the boat, and as I looked around, I saw almost everybody's now singing the same song that I'm singing.


I got this feeling that I could hardly imagine. It was almost like heaven. So it is indeed possible that even during crisis times, trouble hours and hardships, for just a couple of seconds to a single minute, people in all genres could be united in a song, people could become one in spirit.

Do you ever think what will happen if all these people could be one in Christ? I think the feeling would be more than a song...it could be a rhythm that never ends.


I could still feel that thrill of excitement every time I remembered all the details on that trip that I made. It was one of best days of this year. Loveless as you may described me that time, but I was never Out of Love of Christ.


Till then...

0 comments: