Sunday, May 30, 2010

For Reason, Season and Lifetime

As I have been trying to re-evaluate my purpose, I have came across an essay from an unknown author, and it did not only stirred me to write my thoughts but more it shook me up inside.

A R E A S O N A S E A S O N O R A L I F E T I M E

People come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. When you figure out which it is, you know exactly what to do.

When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed outwardly or inwardly. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally, or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend, and they are. They are there for the reason you need them to be. Then, without any wrong doing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end. Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away. Sometimes they act up or out and force you to take a stand. What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled; their work is done. The prayer you sent up has been answered and it is now time to move on.

When people come into your life for a SEASON, it is because your turn has come to share, grow, or learn. They may bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh. They may teach you something you have never done. They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy. Believe it! It is real! But, only for a season.

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons; those things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation. Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person/people (anyway); and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life. It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

Author Unknown


As what the saying goes, "no man is an island" and so had been our pursuit of making lots of friends and how to influence people.

Several suggestions were posted on every corner of the net to teach us how to fish friends, and some on how to find a true friend. As for me, true friend goes with a long term relationship and experiences shared, including bad times.

I have a number of friends, but few have I chosen to be special. By that, you probably know what type of person I am. Indeed I'm Skeptical, in which I believe we all need to be.

In this world that is full of criticism and condemning, we have to aide our hearts and kept them from prejudices of people, unfortunately at times these unfavorable opinions came from people we believe are our friends.

And when we realized it, then we turned our backs from people we know are friends and made them enemies.

However, through recollection, in order for you to win your enemies you have to know them closely.

"Keep your friends close, your enemies closer!"

Does this mean that I have to deny my feelings and continue spurring as to what I, have perceived as friendship?

Thus I've taken a glimpsed on Matthew 5 : 43 - 48 :

"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.



I've been anxious about these things lately, and in so much struggle in keeping my friends and those who I thought are special. Or maybe the reason is still not clear enough as to what their purpose in my life would be.

What if reaching out to those whom I feel special does not work? Will I just walk away and forget about the friendship built?

What if the people I believe for lifetime, yet later signs are telling me they're just for a reason?

Things are blurred and there's no turning back. Happy moments were gone, yet eager to be remembered. Mistakes were done and time spent will never be returned.

How will you escape and brake through all these anxiety that people had brought me?

And the funny thing is, I don't have any answers to my questions. Would this be the part when I just have to put my questions on the sand and leave them swept by the waves? Or better cling on to my GOD whom is way too big for my petty problems and let time answer it all?

I admit I am troubled by these. And yet I am told to continue to be friendly - and upon thinking, and by doing so, what will I lose if in time I'll regain what was lost.

Though I may not answer all the questions for now, I'm glad to know that I have faith that puts me on a passing grade - no matter what.

Still all for the Glory of God!

0 comments: